No pictures this time, until we make another yummy CUP-cake!
Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake
4 tbsp flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 (+) tbsp cocoa
3 tbsp milk
2-3 tbsp oil
Add-ins (optionally pick one or more of the following): 3 tbsp chocolate chips, a few shakes of cinnamon, a shake of cayenne pepper (really good with the cinnamon, for "Mayan" chocolate cake), half a tbsp instant coffee, Skor chips (God's gift to mankind), caramel chips, mint chips.... you get the idea. If it tastes good with chocolate or in chocolate cake, try a bit in this one.
A small splash of vanilla extract
One large, sturdy mug
- Add the dry ingredients to the mug and mix well, so there are no lumps of sugar, flour or cocoa.
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add the milk and oil and mix well. It should look like cake batter by this point.
- Add your add-in(s) and the vanilla and mix one more time.
- Cook in the microwave for about 3-5 minutes on high (maybe a bit more or less time, depending on your microwave). The cake will grow, rising over the top of the mug, but don't worry! It will be fine.
- If it doesn't cook all the way through, pretend the raw batter is icing.
- Tip it out onto a plate, if you like, and sprinkle with icing (confectioner's) sugar, cocoa and/or cinnamon, if you're feeling fancy.
- Eat it all yourself, or share with someone else if you're feeling extra-generous. Or full.We found out (due to the lack of microwave in a certain blogger's house) that this works pretty well in a conventional oven. Put the batter in a muffin pan (I think it made us about 4-5 cupcakes) and bake for about 5-8 minutes at 350 F, or until they look done (and a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the middle of them).